Lauren’s Shearing Chocolate Chip Cookies
This tried and tested cookie recipe has gone down famously well with our wonderful shearers over the years. This fool hardy delicious recipe will put a smile on anyone's face. It’s quick, easy to make and doubles up perfectly. Soft, chewy and full of chocolate what more could anyone want from a cookie?
Admittedly I’ve been a little apprehensive about sharing my secret recipe but I had such a great response from our team this year, I thought I’d better share the recipe for greater good of smokoo!
Lauren’s Shearing Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Makes a 24 cookies +
Oven - Preheat the oven – 160c
Large Wooden Spoon
Butter 300g – Melted & Hot!
Brown Sugar 1 cup
Caster Sugar ½ cup
Vanilla Essence 3 teaspoons
2 Eggs Large & Whisked
Flour 3 cups – Sifted
Baking Powder 1 teaspoon - Sifted
Baking Soda 1 teaspoon – Sifted
Dark Choco Chips 1 cup
White Choco Chips 1 cup
Milk Choco Chips 1 cup
- Preheat oven at 160c
- Line baking tray with baking paper
- Melt butter in the microwave until liquid & HOT!
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar and caster sugar in a large bowl until well combine in a runny paste
- Add all other ingredients and combine well
- Use a tablespoon to measure out equal lumps of the mixture.
- Roll in lump into a ball and place on tray.
- Put tray into oven for 20 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Serve warm with hot coffee at morning smoko.
Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee and a good yarn at smokoo!
Have you tried this recipe?
Let us know! Tag us in your Instagram stories, Facebook posts, photos.. Send us a message!
Instagram - @bluemountainstationnz
Facebook - @bluemountainstationltd